Achievable SFTP speed

The plan with the configs sounds good to me! :+1:t2: :slight_smile:

And, of course, I hope you donā€™t perceive my comments as ā€œcomplainingā€ or ā€œdemandingā€; rather I am trying to give some constructive criticism for further improvements. :slight_smile: But I think for me personally things are already good as they are (even weekly config emails should be fully sufficient as I do not intend to make frequent changes any more in the future).

By the way, so far all good with the full backup on the 64 bit version, no more overflows in the log! The backup got interrupted by the unattended updates running this morning, but restic recovers gracefully from that, so no problem.

Not not at all, I am really happy with you as a first user outside our jam :slight_smile:
When I have a long term plan with syncosync then it is to get a private user base with enough people supporting the project on patreon and alongside with that commercial users which buy ready to run bigger (x86 based) appliances with support. A little bit like octoprint worksā€¦ maybe one day, a small group of people could make their living with the projectā€¦

Thatā€™s good news! In fact (at least here at the developers and test users crew (6 people)): after it is set up, it runs maintenance free over a very long time. You mainly need to react, when the disc is full. Until today I have not found any backup tool, which a space driven retention policyā€¦

Regarding acquiring a larger user base: Have you considered contacting cā€™t (the German magazine)? I think they are open for such topics, for example they have had articles on backup strategies with Duplicati, but also peer-2-peer syncing approaches (I think like syncthing). Syncosync would fit in there quite nicely. Or do you think this is too early yet?

Yes, I will definitely contact them, I was really surprised, when they introduced the syncthing project, but Iā€™d say, syncosync is a different piece of cake - btw. it could be imaginable to switch from rsync to syncthingā€¦ but I am not sure about thatā€¦ like the KISS strategy.

As we are supporting now also BananaPi Pro M1, I have extended the speed comparison.
It is way slower (almost factor 6) but on the other hand: if everything is in background, even that doesnā€™t matterā€¦